The purpose of this project is to demonstrate knowledge of systems thinking within a learning organization.
You are the Knowledge Management Officer for a new software company, KM Learning Systems Organizations, Inc. (KMLSO) that has a mission of providing knowledge management software that promotes system thinking learning organizations. You have been asked by your boss to present to the board of a potentially large customer the way in which your KMLSO software can help to support their company efforts to make a Systems Thinking Learning Organization.
Using, the articles below, research, and course materials build a presentation of 15-17 slides using PowerPoint, Prezi, or other presentation software which addresses the following:
- Examine meant by Systems Thinking (ST) and how ST acts to enhance an organization’s efficiency.
- Describe a Learning Organization (LO) and discuss how LO acts to enhance an organization’s efficiency.
- Analyze how a Systems Thinking (ST) approach to management can enhance a learning organization (LO).
- Illustrate how ST relates/interfaces with the structure and culture of an organization
- Illustrate how LO’s are supported by the culture of an organization.
- Include a minimum of 7 scholarly sources and other relevant sources to support your work. This may require additional research.
- The presentation should be professional in appearance; include visuals such as tables, graphs, clipart to visual concepts, and your conclusions.
- Provide notes for every slide of the entire presentation.
- Include in-text citations in the slides and notes themselves and a reference list in the presentation.
- Slides should flow in terms of organized ideas.
- Follow APA style guidelines for the title page, citations and reference cited page.
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder
- Check the instructions to make sure all elements of the assignment have been covered.
- Third-person writing is required. Third-person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first-person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second-person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person .
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so the expectation is that students do not use contractions in assignments.
- Paraphrase and do not use direct quotation marks. This means you do not use more than four consecutive words from a source document, put a passage from a source document into your own words, and attribute the passage to the source document. Provide the page or paragraph number. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.
- Do not use books as source material.
- Students are expected to use a variety as well as multiple course readings and research to support ideas, reasoning, and conclusions.
The articles below are meant to provide context for the assignment and help you to begin your reference search for the presentation. You are not expected to comprehend the complexities of knowledge management or KM software. The assignment is not being graded on this knowledge. You should, however, be familiar with what KM can do for an organization and how it acts to collect, share, and store information in a company. It is the concept of KM that should provide excellent ways of demonstrating your understanding of Learning Organizations and Systems Thinking management.
Systems Thinking and Knowledge Sharing Technology
Organizational Learning as Sources of Strategic Performance
View Final Presentation Rubric