01.24.15 @ 11:59PM
Part of being a keen strategist is to be prepared to sell yourself in the competitive industry or field of interest. Remember, you are the product to the one who is interviewing you for the next step in your career. One way to sell the product (you) is to reflect upon where you currently are in your career through a Personal SWOT analysis.
The Personal SWOT analysis template (Please see attachment below)has some ideas for you to draw from to get you started. You might want to strive to have at least five (5) items to list in each of the four quadrants.
After completing the SWOT analysis, create an Outcome List in how you plan to transform at least two Weaknesses into Strengths, and at least two to transform from Threats into Opportunities. You will also need to include benchmarks (timelines) as to when you will start and complete each task.
Learning Activity Checklist:
Ask yourself the following questions to create each quadrant of
your Personal/Career SWOT Analysis. You do not have to address all of them in each section, but these are here as guidelines to get you moving in the right direction:
• What are your abilities, skills talents in this area?
• Do you have any specialist knowledge in this area?
• What resources do you have that support this strength?
• Who can you ask for advice, support or help?
• What is already working well in this area?
• What personal behavioral traits do you have that are strengths in this area?
• You might have other questions to add to this list too.
Weaknesses (aka Challenges):
• What are your main limitations in this area?
• What skills/ abilities are needed in this area that you don’t have?
• Are there any resources (money, time, help) that you don’t have that you really need?
• What is not working in this area right now?
• What personal behavioral traits do you have that are weaknesses in this area?• Does your intelligence or wisdom indicate a weakness in this area?
• Does your motivational need level according to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs indicate a deficiency? If you are not
familiar with Maslow’s theory, please search the Web for the description of the theory model.
• Any other questions to address?
• What opportunities (dreams, wishes, goals) have you been considering in this area?
• Do your personality preferences or motivational needs indicate any opportunities that you haven’t previously
• What could you improve in this result area for you? List as many goals as you can. Which one or two will have the
most impact on this aspect of your professional life?
• How can you take advantage of your strengths to pursue these?
• Do you have any weaknesses that may impede these goals?
• What major change do you need in your life to improve this area?
• Are there any special tools you can use or develop to help?
• What else?
• What external threats (changes to income, events, or the like) could affect you negatively? How could these affect
• Are you facing any risks in this area if you continue along your current path? What are they? List them all. What
would happen if these risks took place?
• What obstacles or roadblocks are in your way?
• Do your personality or motivational needs indicate any threats that you haven’t previously considered?
• Do any of your weaknesses increase the level of these threats or the impact?
• What strengths do you have that could help you reduce the identified threats?
• Anything left out?
The outcome you want from your personal / career SWOT analysis is listed as follows:
• What opportunities are best for you to pursue?• What internal strengths you can use to enhance your pursuit of these opportunities?
• What threats you need to eliminate / minimize?
• What internal strengths you can use to overcome these threats?
• What strengths you should consider making stronger to further enhance your ability to pursue your goals?
• What weaknesses you need to improve on or manage, so that they don’t impede your goal setting?
Use standard 12-point font size
MS Word Document
1-2 sources in APA citation(I willn’t need anymore then 3 sources for sure)
Thorough Response is a must!!
And NO plagiarism!!
Content is accurate and complete: Perform a personal SWOT Analysis using the Personal SWOT Analysis Template attached.
Create your Outcome List.
Analysis and Critical thinking: Transform your weaknesses into strengths and provide at least two items to work from for your Outcome List. Include the benchmark timlines as to when you will start and complete the task.
Transform your threats into opportunities and provide at least two items to work from for yout Outcome List. Include the benchmark timelines as to when you will start and complete the task.
Writing, Spelling, and Grammar
*Homework Field of Study: Management Policy and Strategy
If you don’t have expertise in this area of study please don’t waste my time sending a handshake.
Are you overwhelmed by an intense schedule and facing difficulties completing this assignment? We at GrandHomework know how to assist students in the most effective and cheap way possible. To be sure of this, place an order and enjoy the best grades that you deserve!Post Homework