American Psychological Association. Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (Current ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Kraft, M. E., & Furlong, S. R. (2013). Public policy: Politics, analysis, and alternatives (4th ed.). Washington, D.C.: Congressional Quarterly Press. ISBN: 9781452202747.
Monsma, S. (2008). Healing for a broken world: Christian perspectives on public policy. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books. ISBN: 9781581349610.
Synthesis Paper Instructions
You will write a 3–5-page paper in current APA format addressing the following components:
1. Explain how the following Biblical concepts contribute to what the Bible says about the role of government:
· Inalienable rights
· Natural law
· Institutional separation of church and state
· Sin/crime distinction
2. Provide one policy issue and discuss how those Biblical principles would be helpful for understanding the government’s approach to the issue.
3. Provide an overview of the key enumerated powers in the Constitution relevant for what each branch of government may and may not do.
4. Compare and contrast how the three basic worldviews discussed in the week 1 presentations and activities would define the role of government and other actors in policy solutions.
* All required sources/presentations from Modules/Weeks 1–2 must be used, especially the “Biblical Principles of Government” article, in addition to 3–5 outside sources. The Constitution must also be cited as appropriate, especially for question 3.
Discussion Board Instructions
For each Discussion Board Forum assignment, you will interact in a free-flowing discussion of the biblical and constitutional parameters for the particular policy focus of the assigned module/week. Thus, you are encouraged to post frequently and to support thoughts with relevant citations from the following:
1. the Bible,
2. relevant presentations and articles from Modules/Weeks 1–2 which focus on biblical and constitutional ideas,
3. the required reading from the assigned module/week, and
4. any additional relevant sources that you would like to use.
Length of DB post should be about 300 words in APA Format.
Case Study Critiques Instructions
You are required to write critiques of 8 case studies in the course based on the articles provided in the assigned modules/weeks’ Reading & Study folders.
Each case study critique must be between 3–5 pages (not including the title, abstract, and reference pages) in current APA format and must discuss the major facts of the case. You must tell whether or not you believe the right decisions were made and why. Follow the guidelines listed below:
- Identify the important facts in the case study.
- What decisions were or were not made in the case study?
- Do you believe the decisions or best practices were appropriate?
- Discuss any alternative solutions to the problem and support those solutions with additional research (in other words, support your solution with similar cases).
- Make sure each section is labeled appropriately (Facts, Decision, Alternative Solution, Conclusion).
- Citation style: current APA
- All papers must use the following format: Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1” margins from left to right and top to bottom, and double spaced.
- Do not forget to review the grading rubric.
Discussion Board Questions. You Should still have the required books for this class which is CJUS 530 Criminal Justice Class. If you do not, just let me know and I will send them to you again.
Discussion Board Instructions
There will be 10 Discussion Board Forums with reading assignments for each. You will complete the assigned readings and post a thread of at least 350 words, including at least 2 citations in current APA format from at least 2 different resources, answering the discussion board question assigned from the readings.
· For your thread, answer at least 1 of the following questions of your choice (you can discuss as many as you like):
1. Discuss any of the causes of organizational conflict(s). Then discuss how best to handle the issues of the conflict(s) that you chose.
2. Explain briefly how chronic health issues have an effect on the cost of operating a criminal justice organization. What is the best manner in which to reduce any said cost if you were asked to design the health benefit package?
3. Explore and discuss the major changes that have come to public employee unions since the swearing in of a new U.S. President in 2009.